Friday, November 30, 2007

Good Things Come in Threes

Elaborating on one of the Bard's recent posts (and because I've been listening to The Return of the King a lot lately) today's Film Score Friday will be drawn from third installments. This doesn't necessarily mean trilogies, just third installments.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - John Williams

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - John Williams

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - John Williams

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - Hans Zimmer

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - John Williams

The Omen: The Final Conflict - Jerry Goldsmith

The Matrix: Revolutions - Don Davis

X-Men: The Last Stand - John Powell

Batman Forever - Elliot Goldenthal

Jurassic Park III - Don Davis (that's right, I went there)

5 comments:

the warrior bard said...

BONER.

Geez, how many Omen movies were there?

The Omen XXIV: The Face on the Tortilla Chip

Also, I require a copy of Jurassic Park III. That's right, I went there. Too.

Herr Vogler said...

You might be on to something here. I think you should abandon The Hollow and make The Face on the Tortilla Chip!

In all there have been 5 Omen films.

1 (The Omen)is good but if you take away the music it's hilariously bad (like some of the horror films I've scored!). 2 (Damien: Omen II) is not good. 3 (The Final Conflict) is only a little better. 4 (The Omen: Awakenings) was made for t.v. and we don't speak it's name. Last year's The Omen was a remake of the first. I didn't see it but I understand I didn't missing anything. I guess Marco Beltrami didn't exactly do great justice to his mentor, either.

Jurassic Park III is awful with a capital AWFUL. But Don Davis' score is fun. I'm not sure if he's poking fun at the movie but I do know he was hand-picked by Johnny to score it.

the warrior bard said...

X-Men 4: The Stand After Tomorrow

Herr Vogler said...

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Oh wait.

the warrior bard said...

That's no worse a title than The Temple of Doom or The Empire Strikes Back. Think about it.

At first, I thought Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was another "working title" like Ravages of Time, so I let it go. Then it turned out to be the real title, and I thought, "You know, that's not a bad title, it's just a little cumbersome... like how they released the trilogy starting with Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark." And KotCS sounds like the title of a young adult adventure book anyway. Whatever, it works.