Friday, November 11, 2005

Playlist 11/11/2005

Die Frau is out this evening. She's doing the school musical thing (no I'm not a terrible husband, I'm going Saturday night). Of course she's been doing this for about a month now so it's been a little rough not having her around in the evening.

So I thought I'd create myself a little playlist for the evening and sit down with a New Belgium Brewery Trippel (thanks to McIntire for introducing this one to me) and just do some listening.

So on the playlist

Kelly-Marie Murphy: Give Me Phoneix Wings to Fly for piano trio, 12'55
Henryk Gorecki: Totus Tuus for mixed chorus, 8'55
Peteris Vasks: Lauda for orchestra, 17'38
Henri Dutilleux: Concerto for Cello and Orchestra, 27'00
Esa-Pekka Salonen: Wing on Wing for orchestra and 2 coloratura sopranos, 25'45
Alfred Schnittke: Concerto Grosso no 1 for 2 violins, harpsichord, prepared piano and strings, 28'00
Einojuhani Rautavaara: Symphony no. 7, 35'00

That should do quite nicely.

Come home soon, dear wife, I miss you!!!

3 comments:

Jaques Cartier said...

We are, of course, disappointed to see no Purcell listed in this list, but slightly happy to see the Rautavaara!

JC

Herr Vogler said...

I was thinking about throwing in Sven-David Sandroem's Hear My Prayer which is based on Purcell. Couldn't find the recording, though.

the warrior bard said...

I finally added a URL to your blog on mine. What can I say, I'm a procrastinating beast. You should see my collection of dirty dishes.