Thursday, December 08, 2005

Celebrating the American Composer...

How appropriate for my 100th post.

So I thought that today would be a good day to listen to some good American music.

So, without any further ado, well I guess technically that is ado, and so was that, aw forget it. Here's the playlist:

Aaron Jay Kernis: Colored Field, Musica Celestis, Air for Cello and Orchestra.

Michael Torke: An American Abroad, Jasper, Rapture

Steve Reich: Music for 18 Musicians (that should drive the office a little batty, all that repetition).

John Adams: Road Movies, China Gates, Phrygian Gates, American Berzerk, Hallelujah Junction

George Crumb: Black Angels

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I did it. I finally read your blog. Geeze you have a lot of time on your hands. This is some good stuff.

Jaques Cartier said...

Didn't Handel emmigrate to America?

Herr Vogler said...

Well "Oscar" I'm glad you finally made it. Now you have to give "the Mr." a hard time about not having a blog of his own!

And Jaques! Shame! Die Haendel, die! Oh wait, he's dead. BTW - the picture of you dressed as Mozart is freakin' hilarious!

Jaques Cartier said...

Yep....he's dead too! This damn mozart 250th is about to knock me out.......it's hard filling a dead guy's knickers.