Friday, January 20, 2006

Film Score Friday 1/20/2006

Today's theme is music from the films of Paul Verhoeven.

That'll be fun.

The playlist:

Flesh and Blood (Basil Poledouris)
Robocop (Basil Poledouris)
Total Recall (Jerry Goldsmith)
Basic Instinct (Jerry Goldsmith)
Starship Troopers (Basil Poledouris)
Hollow Man (Jerry Goldsmith)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AND ANOTHER THING!!!

I have taken the liberty of adding a countdown clock to my sidebar indicating how long it will be until the end of the "Mozart Anniversary Year". This is probably the most fun I'll have with Amadeus all year!

2 comments:

Herr Vogler said...

Basil is indeed awesome! I just wish that some filmmaker would make a film that requires his particular talents. That of course being a score that is actually lyrical and tuneful and doesn't just outline a minor triad/scale a la Hans Zimmer!

As bad as it is Starship Troopers is one of my favorite movies. It's right up there with equally bad but fun to watch films like Krull!!!

Reed said...

the thing that sold starship troopers to me was the "recruitment videos". i found myself laughing very heartily quite a few times during those parts. its a fun film.