Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Me, Me, Me...

Two pieces of really great news.

1. Evidently Angels and Demons, the violin solo I wrote for my friend Carol (who will be premiering the piece March 31st, as I recall) at Truman State, is pretty ok. I gave it to one of the violinists in the orchestra to look at, too. She said after much swearing (as composers, isn't that part of our job?) that the piece was absolutely playable and that it had really grown on her and she really liked it. That is encouraging and so was she. She also said some other nice things that would simply be too self-indulgent to repeat here.

2. The romantic comedy/light fantasy film that I scored last year, The Importance of Blind Dating, has been selected for performance at The Method Independent Film Festival March 31-April 7 in Calabasas, California! How awesome is that?

Anyone want to contribute to the "Send Brad to California" Fund?

7 comments:

Reed said...

did you score the trailer?

david d. mcintire said...

Congrats, Brad! I looked you up in IMDb and noted with interest that you'd also done some work as a "scavenger and stuntperson" in the 1990 film 'Omega Cop' aka 'John Travis, Solar Survivor.' You've been very modest about this...

david d. mcintire said...

Maybe it's because 'Omega Cop' only garnered a 2.9 in IMDb?

Herr Vogler said...

They needed a scavenger. I needed the cash. We considered it a mutual agreement. I didn't want to mention my earlier work, you know. It was a rough time in my life and there were a lot of personal issues. But if you ever need a man who "knows how to get things" I can help you out.

WOW!!! IMDb! How cool is that???

Uh. No I did NOT score the trailer.

Reed said...

i think i may have a solution for you and pikey posting music on the internets. although i'm not quite sure if it will work on windows...if it does than, yeah.

go to www.macidol.com

the site gives you 3 GB of space to post stuff and even gives you space for your own little website. i haven't done it yet...but it looks like it might be a good thing.

i know that whatever you post will be made available to the public (free of charge) but maybe once you're in there you could turn that function off (if you care.) i am not sure.

check it out and if you do it i want to know how it went.

i am going to start an account as soon as i have a couple more tunes to put in there.

word verification = egojyxx

the warrior bard said...

Since no one else has said it yet...

"Me, too!"

Herr Vogler said...

I was wondering when someone was going to get that.

On a similar note, I can't wait to see Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta