Thursday, August 04, 2005

Looking A Gift Horse In The Mouth

Yesterday at work we had an interesting occurrence. Our phone lines worked for about 20 minutes out of the whole day. That's right. 20 minutes. (Freaking Southwestern Bell.) So I spent the better part of the day trying to figure out which was worse, being here and getting paid to literally sit on my ass and do nothing all day or being here with nothing to do when, frankly, I could have been doing other (more pressing) things at home. Now I realise that I'm seriously looking a gift horse in the mouth but it was kind of annoying (mostly because I don't handle boredom well). The least they could have done is say, "Go home, we're still going to pay you". That seems reasonable to me. Riiiiiiiight.

2 comments:

Jaques Cartier said...

You could've spent an entire day "Jaying-it"

Herr Vogler said...

I think I did spend an entire day "Jay-ing it"