Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Life's Not Fair

Sometimes life can be terribly cruel.

I posted a few weeks ago about my wife's aunt's funeral. If you'll remember she died of lung cancer at 39 having never smoked.

I recently received more bad news. This time about a good friend of mine from college. Her brother had been battling cancer for some time now. Well, 4 years actually. Two weeks ago he lost. He was in his early 20s, I think. After college my friend and I sort of lost track of each other. She was a great friend, though. A thoughtful person, wonderful thespian and even directed yours truly in his stage debut. I'm incredibly saddened for her by the loss of her brother because I know that the two of them were very close.

All I can feel is a great sadness for my family and my friend. It's just painful because I know how much suffering this causes my family and my friend. I know, though, that if God does indeed have a plan, none of us is meant to understand what it is.

1 comment:

Reed said...

i'm sorry. just last week my good friend's friend was killed in a plane crash in L.A.